Batu Licin Dinner Plate
Geluk StudioProduct Description
Meaning slippery stone. The variation in this finish comes from the layering of two glazes. The initial glaze is an iron rich black glaze which is then covered with a rutile based glaze. The combination of the two recipes creates a finish with movement and tonal distinctions.
Details & Care
- Material : Stoneware
- Firing temp : 1280° celcius
- Microwave save and dishwasher save
The process of making exposes the pieces to high temperatures in the kiln so that the clay dries hard and the glaze vitrifies. However this process can bring slight variations in shape and colour which are normal to the process and bring uniqueness to each of the pieces.
- Gradual warming and cooling are highly recommended. Exposing ceramics to extreme temperature changes might reduce their longevity.
- Frequent contact with hard edges might cause chipping or marking. Avoid striking the ceramic edges and try positioning your ceramics so they do not vibrate against each other when using dishwasher.
- All the glazes are food-safe, lead-free, and tough on stain. However, cracks can provide a haven for bacteria so we do not recommend using unglazed ceramics, particularly for food.
- Stubborn marks can be removed easily with ceramic-safe dishwashing liquid or soaps.
- Place your Geluk ceramics with care and avoid scratching. We lightly sand the footring of our ceramics and we use sandpaper to do so. We can assure you it is safe and we only use it for smoothing when needed.
dia. 23 x H. 2 cm